Saturday, February 2, 2008

The web needs a new blog

Long time listener, first time blogger.

Welcome to Thrift Sounds, a blog I'm dedicating to sharing some of the particularly enchanting records I've found (and continue to find) in thrift stores, garage sales, bazaars and other dusty haunts over the past years. Though I do try to get some digging in when I travel, the bulk of my crate raids happen right here in Montréal, and the records populating the bins and boxes of the city's charity shops and yard sales definitely give one a sense of the place and its past.

Disclaimer: I am not a collector, I am a focused pack-rat. I am not interested in the re-sale value of records and do not have encyclopedic knowledge of the history of recorded music. Therefore, you will find most of the sleeves to be tattered and the records themselves to have surface noise. That's what you get for a dollar. As for background information on the records, I will do my best to research them adequately, though some of these records are such infinitely small blips on music's radar that providing ample information might be next to impossible.

Thanks for checking in.

-léon

No comments: